Friday, April 06, 2007

Clifton Suspension Bridge

H once asked me to take some photos of the Clifton Suspension Bridge so she could put one up in her flat. I finally got round to it last Sunday when I went to meet Bevan, Rosie & Josh.









Climbers under the bridge...



See?





I think this is probably the choice pic, it's just a shame the tide was out...







The other side of the gorge...





Take your pick H!

It's the best I could do without going out at dawn, which clearly isn't going to happen.

Foolishly we then had the same idea as everyone else in Clifton on the first warmish Sunday of the year, and spent 20 minutes trying to get served at the Avon Gorge Hotel. Josh is looking especially cute at the moment...



6 Comments:

At 11:42 am, Blogger Jonny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:53 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Great pictures Andy, but H says "I wanted them at night".

So if you'd like to go back when it's cold and dark and finish the job off we'd be very grateful.

Excellent work so far though, a couple of them in particular are cracking.

Also nice to see pics of Bev, Rosie and Josh. He looks so much like Bevan!!!!!

 
At 11:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

try flickr there are thousands of pictures of the bridge, from every angle and every time of the day. but im sure it wouldnt be the same as an andy origional!

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Thanks Bruce, but it has to be a Simpson original.

We want to see effort put into this one.

Oh, and also a picture of him by the bridge so as to prove he hasn't nicked one from Flickr.

Hang on a minute. Aren't the lights turned off at night?

 
At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonny, I think the whole point of lights is that they get turned ON at night. They don't really have the same effect in the day, you see.

I'm sure I'll get round to doing some night shots at some point, but I still haven't got myself a tripod yet so you might have to wait a bit... (ungrateful b**tards)

 
At 3:17 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Before we left Brizzle, someone somewhere decided to turn the lights off at night, I guess to save cash. Is that still the case?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home