Thursday, March 15, 2007

Breakout Tomorrow



I realise that most readers have probably never heard of the Taxman, but believe it or not he's pretty massive in the drum'n'bass world and we've spent a small fortune in putting this night on. One day before the event I'm feeling very nervous about how it will pan out, but then I always do at this stage. I still fear the day that we don't take enough to pay the DJ's. It hasn't happened yet, and hopefully it never will.

I found out today that my insurance has doubled as a result of that kid nicking Beverley on my birthday, and last week Beverley 2 cost me £170 to MOT.

Needless to say as a student on a health-care assistant wage I can't afford to cover any Breakout losses!

Last month's 'Ladies Night' was good fun, although Bevan and I got a lot of stick from the punters who wanted drum'n'bass, as Dutty Girl were playing hip-hop until 2am. I even got approached by an angry lady, who looked me square in the eye and told me that if the drum'n'bass didn't start soon she would "..come back and get me".



Thankfully DJ Dazee arrived and it 'kicked off'. I spotted that same lady on the dancefloor and shouted "drum'n'bass!" at her very loudly. She nodded politely but looked baffled, as if she had never seen me before in her life, and walked away. At least she didn't come back and get me, I suppose.

Anyway, as you can see, spring came early on Stokes Croft this year...



4 Comments:

At 11:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh nice ...Drum n' Bass + Bristol in bloom, you could do a lot for tourism Andy.

Mind you im not sure if you should be representing Bristol when youre attracting the likes of 'piglyzig' !!!

Good luck with Breakout tonight .. im sure you'll rock it.

I went to see Bukem last week and he was rubbish :(

 
At 4:57 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Stokes Croft in bloom eh! I give it a week before it's covered in traffic cones, traffic signs, rubbish, broken glass and drunken bums covered in wee.

I hope it stays like that though, it looks good and fair play to the people who did it. It's a bit like Stokes Croft on shrooms! Is Slix still there?

Good luck with the night. I'm sure it will be a belter. From the sound of it you are establishing yourselves nicely down at The Croft so big name players can only be a good thing.

Biddy-bye-bo!

 
At 3:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great night...
Loving the flowers in the grit bin.

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger RJL said...

Yum...Slix!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home