Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Camera, New Myspace, and the Wind

I thought it was about time I mentioned my new camera. It's a beast! In fact, to be honest it's such a beast that I do regret taking it on NYE, as it's not very practical (or indeed necessary) for the indoor action shots. Thankfully I still have my dodgy old Nikon to take to Breakout tomorrow night (just had to slip that one in there).

I still haven't been able to use my new camera that much though, as I don't have a case for it yet (picking up tomorrow morning from Bedminster parcel collection!) However I do like this over-exposed shot of my parents' fruit-bowl...



Also, I took this sunset shot from my bathroom window on the day I received the camera, and it's been my desktop wallpaper ever since. It was taken on full optical zoom and the definition is still remarkable, in fact you can make out at least five birds, all of which were a long way away...



So fond on that photo am I, that I decided to use it as the background to my own myspace, which I've been busy setting up over the last couple of weeks. I decided to set one up as a way of getting my music heard, and it already seems to be working pretty well - I've been asked to send tracks to a label called OTC who broadcast a live webcast every Wednesday full of 'unsigned talent'. It's a start.

Anyway, it's probably quite boring in that I only really mention music and production on it (plus photos!), but like I say I'm just using it as a platform to start getting my music heard. I've decided to make more of an effort with that this year, and I've got a real gem on the go at the moment with a wicked Nina Simone vocal that I'm quite excited about.

Finally, I thought I'd post this video that I took this afternoon from just outside my back door. It was very windy. You can clearly hear burglar alarms and wind chimes, but if you listen closely you'll hear me shrieking about halfway through when I nearly get blown off my feet, and possibly the sound of the wheely bins that were flying down the middle of the road...

4 Comments:

At 9:57 pm, Blogger Jonny said...

Nice camera, nice pictures and nice video of wind, although I can't hear the shriek.

Good luck with the tunes as well. In fact, it would be very nice if you could pop them all onto a nice CD for us, perhaps with that sunset picture on the cover, and send it you your fans down here!

 
At 5:26 am, Blogger Me said...

Yes, nice Myspace, old boy.

Weather looks nasty. It's 32 degrees here, you know.

 
At 7:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
that sunset picture is lovely, and I even enlarged it to count the all 5 birds. (too much time on my hands?)

One day I too will have a myspace with tunes on it... (well its a dream of mine at the moment) let me know if you ever want any sung vocals!

Love naomi

 
At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home