Sunday, September 03, 2006

Good Lucks and Congratulations

Blimey. Three blogs in four days. I'm even outblogging Jonny. Don't worry, it won't last. I just wanted to say a few good lucks and congratulations.

Firstly, good luck to Em, who moved to London over the weekend to start a course in speech and language therapy. On Thursday, we went for a lovely meal at our old favourite haunt, the Beijing Bistro, to say our goodbyes.



Chris was suffering with Man-flu.



Ben was suffering with a bloated stomach.



I was suffering with long-neck syndrome



Chew was suffering with 'slightly-out-of-focus-miserable-face' syndrome.



Jess and Em were suffering from being out with four whinging men, but seemed to cope very well...




Good luck Em, and see you at the weekends!


Secondly, I wanted to wish Ella good luck for the upcoming finale to her masters out in Singapore. Apparently for her final piece, she is going to be taking her course-mates and examiners (who have flown all the way from the UK), to a nearly deserted island off the coast of Singapore, where she will be burning a wooden sculpture draped in theatre curtains. I really shouldn't try and explain it actually, as I'm sure I can't do any justice to the amount of thought and preparation that has clearly gone into it. My only input was to give her a copy of 'The Wicker Man' (obviously, the original British horror from the 70's and not the yank remake with Nicholas Cage, which will surely be a travesty). This prompted Ella to the idea of including a sacrifice as part of her presentation. Apparently, there was only one obvious choice.


Thirdly, congratulations to Richard, who competed in triathlon's World age-group championships in Switzerland yesterday. Rich managed to come 63rd out of the 120 odd competitors, which considering it's his first ever international triathlon is quite some achievement (especially as he was a dirty smoking bloater just a couple of years ago). Well done you.


Last but by no means least, Congratulations to Neil and Cath on the birth of their little boy, Ben. Neil was clearly well prepared for fatherhood...



As I'm sure people are aware, poor Ben was born with a dickie ticker, but it sounds like he's going to make a full recovery from his operation and should be home with Neil and Cath very soon. So, perhaps I should also offer them the best of luck for that day when all the full joys of parenthood begin. Good luck!

2 Comments:

At 11:28 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Great post Andy, my sentiments exactly.

I've been emailing the relevant parties over the last few weeks but I'd also like to say Good luck, Good luck, Congratulations, Congratulations and Best wishes/Good luck again.

 
At 12:47 pm, Blogger Me said...

Winner post, as Jonny says, and I too would like to furnish the aforementioned with my best wishes and congratulations.

Except Ella, of course, who I'll be having words with. Or running away from if she approaches me with a box of Swan Vestas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home