Monday, March 20, 2006

My Middle Room - A Picture Story

There's not really much I can say about the middle room of my house, other than it's a medium to small square room in the middle of my house. But it's also a popular post-pub social club in the heart of Bedminster, scene of the now infamous presentation of Sam's cake, and lots of other equally comical evenings. So, I though for this entry I'd let the pictures do most of the talking.

It was the venue for the unofficial Bedminster poker championship...



Won eventually by the wookie



I'm not sure what Kim and I were laughing about here. It might have been the time that Sam managed to break one of our chairs by falling through it. Or perhaps it was the time that Sam managed to break one of our other chairs by falling backwards on it and ripping it into two pieces trying to pick himself up again by using the chair as a hoist, while he was still lying on it...



Of course it could have been one of the many times that H launched some fiendish attack on him. On this occasion she actually came surprisingly close to getting a 4-inch wide china flowerpot over his head.



Sometimes seats, (and decent cups) could be hard to come by...



Plenty of drinks have been spilt...



Hundreds of photographs taken...



And a fair amount of property damaged. On one occasion Chris managed to split the back of my bass-drum by falling into it...Twice!



But it's the more random things that the room will be remembered for, like the time Kim and Jonny tried to swap shoes (I have no idea why Jonny is wearing the Hope fc shirt by the way)



Or when we found a piece of ginger shaped like a donkey...



H recently commented that this room will be her lasting memory of Bedminster, so I thought I'd finish with a picture of her from fireworks night, since I managed to capture her looking surprisingly angelic. I knew there was something wrong with my camera...

6 Comments:

At 8:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Andy...surely you have some photos from the famous cable tie whipping competition as well...I am sure that most of that took place in that room as well. I distinctly remember Mike being a real hardman and taking one round the back of the neck...pure class!

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Andy said...

Actually no, I appear to have no photos at all from that very bizarre evening of homoerotic sadomasochism (of which I had no part, I might add - bunch of weirdo's)

 
At 7:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the time me and H tried to 'wax' sam's legs and arms using different types of sticky tape?
That was fun.
Hmmm.... some strange things did go on in that room...
Wicked photos And. :)

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Jonny said...

Excellent post and comments.

First of all Rich, I think that mainly happened in the front room where they have that ledge by the fireplace (although it would have definitely started in the middle room). Do you remember me jumping off it to gain extra height and speed whilst whipping Mike...

As a founding member of ¨whip club¨ I am glad that got a mention on this site.

And as for the donkey shaped ginger, perhaps more importantly, that was White lightening being drunk from a champagne glass.

I have no idea why I was wearing that Hope shirt either....

 
At 4:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ere And your chairs weren't the only victims in those incidents you know - I had a pretty nasty bruise after that one collapsed on me (almost) entirely unprovoked.

Also, was it the same night H ruined my favourate t-shirt by attacking me unashamedly with a greasy spatula she grabbeed out of your frying pan?

Another example of me being the innocent party, nay, victim in all this tom foolery...

 
At 10:34 am, Blogger Me said...

You're a very funny man, Andy.

Proud to say I own two of the objects in these pictures which are currently on long-term loan to Chewie and therefore also to the rest of the occupants of your slug-infested palace. The Monster Mike mug is mine, I believe, as is the painting, a corner of which can be seen in several of the photos.

Glad to see that you're looking after my stuff.

Thanks guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home