Monday, February 20, 2006

And They're Off!

Yesterday, two of my best friends Jonny and H left the country. By now, they will have arrived in Rio just in time for carnival, kicking off a 10-week holiday in South America before they fly to Sydney and settle, forever. The main purpose of this blog is to keep in touch with them, and other friends of mine that are living abroad like Mikey Dredz (Brisbane) and Mikey Roberts(Singapore), and to let them know what they're all missing out on here in beautiful Bedminster.

As I'm sure you can imagine the weekend was a memorable one. Unfortunately this is the only photo I could find of Jonny and H together from the entire weekend and that includes Jonny's 159, which for him is admittedly quite a tame effort. Jonny loves taking photos. He has taken a portable hard-drive to South America in his back-pack, so that he can back-up and empty his array of memory cards at regular intervals. He can fit at least 250 photos on his memory cards at any one time.


So, H&J had their leaving do on Friday night and it was great to see just about everyone I've ever met in Bristol all together in the same room. Can't imagine what a strange yet fantastic night they must have had, there was a great turnout. Evidently not everyone was upset that Jonny and H were leaving, but on the whole they were given a quality send-off. Amazingly, no-one let slip about the real party happening on Sunday night (whoops).

Ironically, it seems that my best photos from the leaving party night are all of couples, in one sense or another. I'll post some below...

4 Comments:

At 2:39 pm, Blogger Me said...

Nice blog, Andy. Looking forward to plenty more! Wish I was at the party. Looks like a winner.

What's Jonny's record for photos in one day? Didn't he take 250 at Ashton Court this year?

 
At 4:27 pm, Blogger Andy said...

Think you could be right - I'm sure there were at least 500 after his fortnight trip to see you in Singapore and go to Oz as well, so by that reckoning we should have a weblink to a few thousand South America photos heading our way very soon.

Can't wait!

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Jonny said...

Ola!!

Nice blog Andy.....will keep an eye on it for sure, although I am already infuriated with the way blogger converts everything into Portuguese.

I've just sent an email out to the masses but I intend to update my blog a little later.

I havent taken that many photos so far, well maybe 100 of Sugar Loaf and the Favella, but Rio isnt the safest place to walk around with a digital camera. So I am being very careful. And my first set of batteries has run out and my charger doesnt work out here...so I am gonna try and buy one now.

Oh yeah, I have 1Gbs worth of camera memory (approx 1000 photos) and as well as my portable harddrive, I can also back them up onto H's iPod. And yes I think my record was set at Ashton Court when I took over 250 in one day.

As a side, we wish you were all with us....

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger Andy said...

Well, I'm sure most of us wish we could be there too. It was snowing this-morning.

Look forward to the blog update. Hoping to see some nice cheesy tourist grins on top of the sugarloaf...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home