Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Black Swan

Just in case anyone was wondering how Bev & I got on at Easton's Black Swan on Saturday night, it was a bit of a disaster. Having been told that we would be playing from 10-11:30, we actually ended up playing from 10:45 to 11:15, our set cut short by a combination of dodgy sound system and gabba.

Yes it seems that even though a dodgy mixer set us back 45 minutes, the promoter insisted that he had to "get some gabba going" at 11:15, and that we could have a proper slot later in the night. Actually, it was even worse than gabba, if that's possible. It was described to me as "fast gabba or breakcore". This was one of the more chilled moments:



We decided not to wait around for another slot, in fact I could only bear it for the time it took me to gulp a pint of guinness, which tasted more like cider. The taxi's set me back £20. Lovely.

I suppose I can learn from these experiences. I'm not sure what, exactly.

Anyway, on to brighter things. Only two days to go...



9 Comments:

At 7:58 am, Blogger RJL said...

That sounds lovely Andrew...not sure what your problem is?!

Where is that second photo from, I have figured out the first one, but the second one is a bit trickier.

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Good skills with You Tube. It was only a matter of time. As I write this I am uploading my very own video taken at the Parklife festival we went to. Details in a blog to follow, naturally!

 
At 10:28 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Shame about the content of the video though...was there anyone in it?

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger Andy said...

Rich - I'll give you a clue mate: there's a Nat West Bank just to the right of the photo. You really should know it.

Jonny - There were three people 'dancing', and a nice shot of the DJ smiling at the end, but for some reason It's much darker on screen than it is on my new mobile. You can see the cigarette being pulled away from his mouth, but that's it.

But yes, now I've got this, I think you tube uploads had to begin. No doubt there will be many more!

 
At 9:44 am, Blogger RJL said...

Is it opposite the Clifton Down shopping centre?

 
At 3:17 pm, Blogger Andy said...

You got it mate. Cotham Hill. In fact, didn't we go to a house-party above that post-office once?

 
At 7:23 am, Blogger RJL said...

Maybe we can have a "where's this?" photo blog entry!

Not sure about the house party - then again, my memory is not the best!

 
At 1:24 am, Blogger Jonny said...

Looks very nice Andy.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Me said...

Ah, photos of Bristol... More! More! Even without your flyers in them!

That Gabba thing, which I'd never heard of until you mentioned it in your blog, is incredibly bad, isn't it? I can understand death metal more than I can understand that. I can understand even hard house more than I can understand that. Yuk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home